ATTN: budding writers of East Surrey!
Do you have dreams of writing a novel, poetry, a collection of short stories or articles?
Do you yearn to write but sometimes lack inspiration?
Have a great idea that needs work, but you're stuck?
Are you plagued by writer's block?
East Surrey Creative Writing Workshop can help!
Currently there are only 4 female members and we'd love to grow our group to be as diverse as possible.
We've not met up yet as this is an entirely new group. However, the proposed plan is thus:
We will meet bi-weekly. At the moment, no time and place has been set, but a suggestion in discussion is Wednesday nights at 8PM, at the Bull's Head in Reigate. This is subject to change, so please feel free to contact me (contact info below).
Practice exercises will be sent out every two weeks. Members will then prepare their piece and email it to the other members. Obviously, the more quickly a member writes and submits their practice piece, the more criticism and feedback they'll receive.
We will then meet up and discuss the various submissions from members. All criticism must be constructive. As the chairwoman of the meeting, I will endeavour to keep a lid on any heated discussions, should they occur.
Once we've gone through development points, suggestions and anything else about the submissions, we will move on to chat about different elements of writing.
This includes, but is not limited to;
- Books we've read and liked/hated
- Grammar and style queries and discussions
- Brainstorming plot elements, character development, or anything else regarding members' non-practice work
- Discussion of submissions to publishers, where required
- Discussion of possibly publishing our practice pieces as an anthology (this is by no means a requirement of membership - purely an idea at this stage).